Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tag - Thanks Friend!

So, I've been "tagged" for the first time! My friend Kerri, who is currently living in Paris, France with her family, tagged me to reveal six unknown, quirky or random things about myself. This takes a lot of thought since I'm not usually very good at coming up with stuff like this. So, let's see...


  • I moved seven times by the time I graduated high school. My dad was in the Army, so we moved all around the country. I was born in Dover, Delaware, and have also lived in Indianapolis, Ft. Bliss (El Paso, TX), Raleigh, Olathe, KS (outside of Kansas City), Ft. Meade (outside of Baltimore, MD), Ft. Sheridan, IL (north of Chicago), and the last move to Lewisville, TX.

  • I was friend's with Brian's sister, Stacie, for years before I ever met him! Stacie and I met at church when we were both in high school, and then we roomed together at the University of Texas for 3 years (she was a year younger than I, so we started rooming together when I was a sophomore, and she was a freshman). I didn't even meet Brian until she and I were living together for probably at least a semester or more, and that was just a random meeting! We all came home for the summer in '95, and I would hang out at Stacie's house, and Brian was there too, of course. So, long story short, we started dating in July of 1995, and have been together for the 13 years since!
  • I changed my major in college... in the spring semester of my senior year. My parents probably thought I was crazy! For three and a half years, my major was elementary education. Then, after a semester of being a teacher's aide, I decided it wasn't for me. So, I changed my major to English. But it only took me an extra summer semester for me to graduate, because my elementary ed. 'concentration' was English already. Unfortunately, there's not a lot out there to "do" with an English degree!
  • I'm NOT a morning person. If I could sleep in every day to 10 am, I would! That doesn't work out so well with two young children though!
  • I'm an avid reader! If I don't have a book that I'm reading, I feel lost! What do I do with myself before bedtime? :)
  • I was a total klutz when I was little! When learning to walk, somewhere around 9 or 10 months old, I took a header into the console tv, and I still have the scar on my forehead today! I also fell down the wood stairs a few times, one time even knocking myself out! I'd like to think that I outgrew that particular trait - but I can say that Ethan gets his clumsiness honestly! I was a "Mr. Bump", and so is Ethan! Maybe there is hope for Kaden!

I don't have a lot of blogger friends to tag with this post, so basically, if you have a blog, and you're reading this, consider yourself 'tagged'!

No comments: