Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans Day

Today is Veterans Day. And a brief history lesson for those who didn't know: Veterans Day was originally known as Armistice Day after World War I, but after World War II and Korea, Congress changed the name to Veterans Day.


I know I am personally so grateful for every single man and woman who has served our country in each of the Armed Forces. And I am especially thankful for my own dad, who served in the Army for 27 years. He is the most dedicated, hard working, honorable man I will ever know, and I am proud to call him my dad! I love you Dad!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for such nice comments. My service was an honor and privilege and I'm glad I could. We need to keep all the young men and women on duty around the world in our prayers, especially those serving in Afghanistan and Iraq. Let's pray they will all return home to their wives, children and families safe and uninjured. Love you Dad

Anonymous said...

We are also proud of our two girls who moved around the country at the whim of the US Army. It was sometimes difficult but we had a lot of different experiences.