Saturday, January 10, 2009

Computer genius?

Today I find Ethan sitting in front of our computer in the office. He was watching Veggie Tales using the Slingbox application on our computer. For those that don't know what a Slingbox is, in basic terms, it's something you hook up to your tv at home, and it is connected to your home computer. Then you can watch your tv via your laptop anywhere you can get online. We have this because when Brian is traveling overseas, in particular in Asia, there are usually two English channels, and they are all news, and usually repeat themselves after about 30 minutes. Yes, I have experienced this for myself! So there is that reason, and also so Brian can watch any college football game he wants to, even when he's traveling! :)

So, Brian was working in the garage, and when I asked him if he started that program for Ethan on the computer, he said no. So we came inside and asked Ethan about it, and he said "I did it myself." We did figure out that the last time Brian used the Slingbox, he had it on that same channel, so Ethan didn't change the channel, but he must've managed to double click on that icon to launch it, and then presto - Veggie Tales! Must be magic!

So, I don't know, computer genius? Or just a lucky click?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

SLINGBOX!!!

I have been trying to think of that word for 2 weeks. One of those cases where Goggle just really fails you... LOL

Go Ethan. He's just super resourceful! :)