Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Ethan's 4th Birthday

I am so far behind due to illnesses and surgeries in our household, but that is all for another post later!

So, way back in February... Ethan turned 4! His actual birthday fell on a school day, so much to his delight, he got to wear a birthday crown, and Mommy brought cupcakes for all the kids to share. After he got home from school, we let him open his presents from us. Just what he was begging for... a "slotcardirtracetrack" (and yes, that is all one word). Here's a picture of Ethan wearing his crown and displaying his loot.




For Ethan's birthday party, he went back and forth about what type of birthday party he wanted, but in the end, a pirate theme won out. Now, I don't really go "all out" for these things, but just do the pirate invitations, thank yous, goody bags, and most importantly, the birthday cake!

This will probably be the last year I have the stamina to make and decorate his birthday cake. For birthdays one and two, I really enjoyed doing it. Then year three came, and I didn't enjoy it so much! This year, I really dreaded all the time it was going to take. But hey, three hours later, I think it looked pretty good!



This year I decided that I was not going to take a chance with the weather being bad, so we had his party at Boomerang's, one of those indoor bouncy house places. Which was a good thing, because it wound up being extremely cold and windy that day! Here's a picture of Kaden trying to get in on the bouncing action... maybe next year Kaden!



And here is the birthday boy! I can't believe my baby is four years old now!

No comments: