Friday, April 24, 2009

Our Love Story

Everyone has their own unique love story, and since today is our tenth wedding anniversary, I thought I would write a blog entry about ours!

One of my good friends in high school was Stacie Reed. We met at church, and really started hanging out together my junior and senior year of high school, which would have been 1992 - 1993. I knew Stacie had a brother, Brian, that was attending UT in Austin, but I hadn't met him before.

I graduated high school in 1993, and in the fall, moved to Austin to attend UT. The following year, in the fall of 1994, Stacie came to UT, and we roomed together in the dorm. I spoke to Brian a few times on the phone when he would call for Stacie, but that was the extent of our interaction.

The summer of 1995, everyone found themselves coming home for the summer. I would hang out with Stacie at her house, and Brian was there too. We started to talk more and became friends. On July 7, 1995, we had our first date. Yes, I remember the actual date! We went on a double date with Ryan & Stacie to see Apollo 13. We went out a lot that summer, and just hung out at Brian and Stacie's house too. At this point, Brian and I were "officially" dating.

In the fall of 1995, we all went back to UT for school. Stacie and I had found an apartment together, Ryan found one just a stone's throw away, and Brian found an apartment across the street. We were all together again! During that fall was when I really started to think that Brian and I would get married someday. I just knew he was "the one". Brian and I continued to date throughout the rest of our time at UT. Here's a picture we took on some bridge in Austin. I cannot remember where this is!



And here is a picture of us when we went to Colorado to go skiing during Spring Break 1998.
After graduating in 1997, Brian and I both moved back to the Dallas area, so we could find gainful employment. And in August of 1998, Brian proposed! And on April 24, 1999, we were married! Here is a picture of us on our wedding day. Look at those young kids! :)

I know our marriage has been truly blessed. I was lucky enough to marry my best friend, and the person I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. We endured some difficulties in starting a family, but now have two beautiful boys! Here is a picture of all of us at Easter this year.

Here is to a wonderful ten years, and another fifty or sixty more!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

aw, that was a lovely post! love all the pics too - i always look back at ours & wonder where the time went! happy anniversary!