Tuesday, December 02, 2008

100 Things

So, we haven't had too much going on lately to blog about. So, I stole this from a friend's blog, and thought I would use it here...

1. Started your own blog
uh, yeah, you're reading it!
2. Slept under the stars
yes
3. Played in a band
well, not in a cool rock band or anything, but I played flute / piccolo in band in high school
4. Visited Hawaii
yes - Oahu, Maui, and the big Island (Hawaii)
5. Watched a meteor shower
yes - on a church trip to Mexico in high school
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
no
7. Been to Disneyland
yes - just this past January for the first time. Ethan had a blast!
8. Held a praying mantis
yuck - no!
9. Climbed a mountain
no
10. Sang a solo
yes
11. Bungee jumped
heck no!
12. Visited Paris
ahhhhh.... yes!
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
no
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
well, I taught myself how to decorate my son's birthday cakes using cake decorator tips. Does that count?
15. Adopted a child
no - I've adopted 3 dogs though, does that count for anything? ;)
16. Had food poisoning
well, how do you know if you've had food poisoning? I'm sure I've eaten bad food and paid for it later... how's that for an answer???
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
yes, and what a long spiraling walk it is!
18. Grown your own vegetables
sort of - helped my mom with her vegetable garden in middle school
19. Seen the Mona Lisa
yes
20. Slept on an overnight train
no
21. Had a pillow fight
yes
22. Hitch hiked
no
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill
Absolutely!
24. Built a snow fort
yes - but definitely not here in Texas!
25. Held a lamb
no
26. Gone skinny dipping
no
27. Run a Marathon
no
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
no - I wish! Venice is the next place I really want to go; that and Rome!
29. Seen a total eclipse
yes
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
yes
31. Hit a home run
no
32. Been on a cruise
no
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
yes
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
well, I know somewhere along the line, I had British ancestors, so I guess London counts...
35. Seen an Amish community
yes
36. Taught yourself a new language
I took 4 years of Spanish in high school, and another 4 semesters of Spanish in college, but does that count as teaching yourself? I guess not...
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
no
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
yes!
39. Gone rock climbing
hey - I've gone rock climbing on Ethan's backyard swingset, does that count? ;)
40. Seen Michelangelos David
yes
41. Sung karaoke
no
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
no
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
no
44. Visited Africa
no
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
yes
46. Been transported in an ambulance
yes, embarassingly enough...
47. Had your portrait painted
no
48. Gone deep sea fishing
oh, no, I would be sick as a dog...
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
no, I wish (see above - going to Rome!)
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
yes - gorgeous!
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
scuba diving - no; snorkeling - yes
52. Kissed in the rain
yes
53. Played in the mud
probably as a kid
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
no
55. Been in a movie
no
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
no
57. Started a business
no
58. Taken a martial arts class
no
59. Visited Russia
no
60. Served at a soup kitchen
yes
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
yes
62. Gone whale watching
I haven't gone whale watching on a boat (see sea sickness above!), but I have seen whales from the shore in Hawaii!
63. Got flowers for no reason
yes
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
yes
65. Gone sky diving
not in this lifetime!
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
yes - Dachau concentration camp in Germany
67. Bounced a check
no
68. Flown in a helicopter
yes - three times - once on our honeymoon in St. Lucia, once on the big island Hawaii, and once on Maui
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
yes - my mom still has my Strawberry Shortcake dolls!
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
yes
71. Eaten Caviar
yes - and apparently I do not have the taste buds of the very rich
72. Pieced a quilt
no
73. Stood in Times Square
yes - as a kid
74. Toured the Everglades
no
75. Been fired from a job or asked to resign
no
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London
not the whole thing, but a little bit of it
77. Broken a bone
I am sure I have broken my little pinky toe a couple of times, and I fractured my kneecap just a few months ago...
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
no
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
no
80. Published a book
no
81. Visited the Vatican
no, but I would love to!
82. Bought a brand new car
yes
83. Walked in Jerusalem
no
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
yes
85. Read the entire Bible
yes
86. Visited the White House
yes
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
no, and if I had to, I would have to become vegetarian!
88. Had chickenpox
yes
89. Saved someone's life
no
90. Sat on a jury
no
91. Met someone famous
yes - I sort of "met" Bill Paxton at the LAX airport. I was checking in at the counter, and he caught his bag on my backpack as he was passing by me, so I did actually speak to him! :)
92. Joined a book club
no - as much as I love to read, being an English major in college kind of burned me out on doing discussion groups. Perhaps in another 10 years!
93. Lost a loved one
yes
94. Had a baby
yes - two!
95. Seen the Alamo in person
of course, who can live in Texas and not?
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
no
97. Been involved in a law suit
no
98. Owned a cell phone
yes - who doesn't these days?
99. Been stung by a bee
yes
100. Read an entire book in one day
Absolutely!

1 comment:

Abby said...

Wow! You have done a lot of things! Like your list!